Saturday, April 28, 2012

One step forward, two steps back

I'm happy to report that I can push off from the ball of my foot in each step I take walking. It has really smoothed out my walking gait. However, since my foot hasn't moved like that since mid-October (sprain prior to the first surgery), it has increased my pain level significantly, and I was already in a lot of pain to begin with. When I'm not practicing walking, I'm back in bed because of the pain. I hate being back here.

I hurt my left shoulder using my crutches a few days ago. I hadn't raised the height on them to match my shoes because I was in a hurry. I didn't concentrate on my form either, and yesterday I couldn't lift my arm overhead. It's better today but not good enough to do a workout. As if I could do one in this amount of pain anyway.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I'm so ready for this to be over with.

Official count: 11.5 weeks since last surgery, 23.5 weeks since first surgery, and 27 weeks since the untimely sprain that put me in a boot before the surgery. I've been down for over six months and my patience is starting to wear thin. And I'm already gearing up to do this whole thing all over again with the other foot. God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment